Meruliporia PCR Sampling
Meruliporia Sampling for PCR Testing
- To accurately identify Meruliporia (Poria) incrassata from fungal mycelium growing on wood.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Fast, accurate and reliable detection of the brown-rot fungus Meruliporia (Poria) incrassata.
- Without fruiting bodies, identification of wood decay fungi by morphological characteristics are impractical and unreliable.
- No specific equipment required
- Remove a piece of wood containing mycelium of the wood decay fungus or isolate a visible amount (1 cm2 or more) of the mycelium from the wood for testing.
- Bag the wood or mycelium in a labeled Ziploc™ bag for the analysis.
- Ship the labeled sample to the lab for analysis.
- Meruliporia (Poria) incrassata is reported as "present" or "absent".